Feb 17, 2008

My Last Weekend in the U.S. of A.

I wanted to get this down before I forget anything. This past week has been wild. I was non-functional for 3 days because of a really bad cold and to top it off my last wisdom tooth started to come in.
Anyway, here are priceless moments from my last weekend in America for the next two years:

10) The look of the host/doorman's face at the authentic Italian Restaurant in Little Italy when he noticed Joe Sarno was walking-in.

9) "Its like a soccer ball," was Dan's reaction when he discovered Madagascar was an Island and not anywhere near Morocco.

8) Never making it to Hoboken (thank god).

7) Joe giving me a Gatorade the size of a small child in preparation for the two hour journey to see Johnny B. run the mile in Reading PA.

6) Pushing the gas tank empty limit further than ever before on the People's Car.

5) Coach Dude while at the Brass describing what it was like working in complete "darkness" for a year and deciding he needed to make a career change.

4) Joanie giving me a lecture on Birth Control over dinner, while Keria ate Mac n'Cheese off the table.

3) The world's ugliest Christmas vest.

2) Receiving complements at the bar while wearing the world's ugliest Christmas vest.

1) A random kid picking a fight with a dove (me) surrounded by hawks (my friends).

0) The awkwardness felt by all when Louis (random guy from the bar) discovered that Bear gave him a fake number.

-1) Discussing the formation and progression of Punk music starting with the year 1968 with Norris. It was as random as it sounds.

-2) The feeling of no control while Joe's SUV tires ripped up the AC practice field (while blasting AC/DC)

-3)Switching seats with Joe at Williamson’s Family Restaurant and as a result getting slapped in the back of the head by our waitress (Joe being Joe).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goodness, I finally have to leave something here....I know I waited awfully too long, but fuck it I'm here, and i'm ready to rock your blog-spot...Going into the negatives was absolutely hysterical, I loved every second of it...haha

I had a blast that weekend, something I won't forget..haha